Passionate about art, science, culture, and human history? Considering a career in museums? Volunteer for the University of Alberta Museums!
The University Alberta Museums are recruiting individuals to fill the following volunteer opportunities. To be notified of future opportunities, sign up for our email list for up to date University of Alberta Museums volunteer information.
Recruiting Volunteer Opportunities
E.H. Strickland Entomological Museum
The application deadline for all positions is midnight, Monday, January 22, 2018.
Please Note: not all collections take in volunteers, however it may be possible to volunteer in some of the museum collections that are not listed. Volunteer opportunities are created at the discretion of the collection's curator. For more information on these opportunities please contact email@example.com.
Who can Apply?
Anyone! You do not need to be affiliated with the University of Alberta. We are looking for passionate and committed individuals who are excited about all things museum, and who are interested in working the subject areas of the collections.
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- A completed U of A Museums Volunteer application form [PDF]
- A curriculum vitae
- A maximum one page statement of interest that identifies:
- a specific volunteer opportunity as listed above and outlines how the applicant meets the qualifications of the position.
- any relevant skills, interests or hobbies you may have.
- why you want to volunteer at the U of A Museums.
- The application deadline for all positions is midnight, Monday, January 22, 2018.
- We thank all applicants who apply but, only those who best meet the qualifications of the volunteer job description will be contacted for an interview.
- We encourage those who are not contacted to apply for future volunteer opportunities.
- At the time of the interview the applicant must submit one academic or professional reference who will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Depending on the duties of the position, applicants may be subject to a Police Information Check.
- Registered volunteers must agree to the University of Alberta's Volunteer Waiver.
- Applications will be adjudicated by the University of Alberta Museums Volunteer Coordinator and supervisor of the volunteer's area.
Submit completed application by email to:
Museums and Collections Services
Attention: Volunteer Coordinator
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 492.9700.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the University of Alberta Museums!